Wells Village School
Wells Village School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Wells Village School's student population of 92 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wells Village School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#249 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wells School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Pawlet Mettawee Community School Usd #47 Grades: PK-6 | 190 students
5788 Vt Route 153
West Pawlet, VT 05775
(802) 645-9009 2.3 PK-6 190
- Granville Granville Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 510 students
58 Quaker St
Granville, NY 12832
(518) 642-1051 3.1 7-12 510
- Granville Granville Elementary School Grades: 4-6 | 213 students
61 Quaker St
Granville, NY 12832
(518) 642-1051 3.2 4-6 213
- Middle Granville Mary J Tanner Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 339 students
Middle Granville, NY 12849
(518) 642-1051 4.2 PK-3 339
- Middletown Springs Middletown Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 70 students
15 Schoolhouse Road
Middletown Springs, VT 05757
(802) 235-2365 6.3 PK-6 70
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.