Whitson Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 381 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 48%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in KS
- Math Proficiency: 30-34% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 35-39% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), KS Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Whitson Elementary School's ranking?
Whitson Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for: Most diverse schools (Top 20%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30-34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 28% KS state average), while 35-39% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 36% KS state average).
How many students attend Whitson Elementary School?
381 students attend Whitson Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
52% of Whitson Elementary School students are White, 30% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Two or more races, 7% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Whitson Elementary School?
Whitson Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the Kansas state average of 13:1.
What grades does Whitson Elementary School offer ?
Whitson Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Whitson Elementary School part of?
Whitson Elementary School is part of Topeka Public Schools School District.
Review Whitson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities