Alternative Education High School
- Alternative Education High School's student population of 26 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alternative Education High School's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cabell County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Huntington East High School Grades: 10-12
2850 5th Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
(304)304-5134 0.1 10-12 n/a
- Huntington Highlawn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 306 students
2549 1st Avenue
Huntington, WV 25703
(304)528-5130 0.6 PK-5 306
- Huntington Spring Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 553 students
1901 Hall Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)528-5175 1.4 PK-5 553
- Huntington Huntington East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 668 students
1 Campbell Drive
Huntington, WV 25705
(304)528-9508 1.5 6-8 668
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.