Alternative Education High School
- Alternative Education High School's student population of 26 students has declined by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alternative Education High School's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cabell County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Huntington East High School Grades: 10-12
2850 5th Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
(304)304-5134 0.1 10-12 n/a
- Huntington Highlawn Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 306 students
2549 1st Avenue
Huntington, WV 25703
(304)528-5130 0.6 PK-5 306
- Huntington Spring Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 553 students
1901 Hall Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)528-5175 1.4 PK-5 553
- Huntington Huntington East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 668 students
1 Campbell Drive
Huntington, WV 25705
(304)528-9508 1.5 6-8 668
It’s clear there is currently a gap in language education. As of 2008, only 18.5% of K-12 students were enrolled in a foreign language class. Ask the experts and they all agree— schools with robust foreign language programs can bring students to the next level.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.