Ellington Middle School
- Grades: 7-8
- Enrollment: 423 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 64% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Ellington Middle School?
423 students attend Ellington Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of Ellington Middle School students are White, 10% of students are Asian, 9% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Black, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Ellington Middle School?
Ellington Middle School has a student ration of 12:1, which is equal to the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Ellington Middle School offer ?
Ellington Middle School offers enrollment in grades 7-8 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Ellington Middle School part of?
Ellington Middle School is part of Ellington School District.
Review Ellington Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities