Forest School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Forest School's student population of 424 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||424 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Forest School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 956 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#527 out of 956 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||West Haven School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Haven Carrigan 5/6 Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 914 students
2 Tetlow St.
West Haven, CT 06516
(203)937-4390 0.5 5-6 914
- New Haven Barnard Environmental Magnet School Grades: PK-8 | 536 students
170 Derby Ave.
New Haven, CT 06511
(475)220-3500 1.2 PK-8 536
- New Haven Edgewood School Grades: K-8 | 438 students
737 Edgewood Ave.
New Haven, CT 06515
(475)220-8000 1.4 K-8 438
- New Haven Strong 21st Century Communications Magnet And Scsu Lab School Grades: K-4 | 289 students
130 Orchard Street
New Haven, CT 06519
(475)220-4800 1.4 K-4 289
- New Haven Truman School Grades: PK-8 | 530 students
114 Truman St.
New Haven, CT 06519
(475)220-2100 1.5 PK-8 530
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.