- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 463 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 45% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Highcrest School often compared to?
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 60% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
How many students attend Highcrest School?
463 students attend Highcrest School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of Highcrest School students are White, 15% of students are Hispanic, 6% of students are Asian, 4% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Highcrest School?
Highcrest School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Highcrest School offer ?
Highcrest School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Highcrest School part of?
Highcrest School is part of Wethersfield School District.
Review Highcrest School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities