Shawanoe Elementary School
Shawanoe Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Shawanoe Elementary School's student population of 505 students has grown by 41% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||505 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shawanoe Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#785 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shawnee Mission Pub Sch School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shawnee Nieman Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 513 students
10917 W 67th St
Shawnee, KS 66203
(913)993-4000 1.0 PK-6 513
- Shawnee Rhein Benninghoven Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 568 students
Shawnee, KS 66216
(913)993-1900 1.1 PK-6 568
- Shawnee Shawnee Mission Northwest High School Grades: 7-12 | 1725 students
12701 W 67th Street
Shawnee, KS 66216
(913)993-7200 1.2 7-12 1725
- Overland Park Comanche Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 503 students
Overland Park, KS 66212
(913)993-2800 1.4 PK-6 503
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.