Village School serves 636 students in grades 4-6.
Village School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Massachusetts for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 67% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 64% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 54%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Massachusetts state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 14% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Massachusetts state average of 40% (majority Hispanic).
Village School's student population of 636 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 58 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Village School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,667 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Village School is 0.26, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MA)
Overall Testing Rank
#454 out of 1667 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MA Dept. of Education
Review Village School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
All-Girl Public High Schools: Improving Confidence and College Success
While all-girl public high schools are not prevalent, their advantages are significant. Learn about the academic and social benefits of an all-girls education.
4 Ways Parents Can Turn a Campus into a Top Public School
Every campus has the potential to become a top public school. Learn about what you can do as a parent to improve your child's public school.
Segregation: A Modern Problem for Public Schools in the South
Learn about the unfortunate cases of segregation that are arising in public schools in the South, as well as the legal rulings forcing desegregation once again.