Campo Elementary School
Campo Elementary School serves 28 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Campo Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Colorado for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the Colorado state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is lower than the Colorado state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 36% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Colorado state average of 48% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 28 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 7:1
- Minority Enrollment: 36%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CO
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Campo Elementary School's student population of 28 students has grown by 40% over five school years.
The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Campo Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,783 schools in Colorado (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Campo Elementary School is 0.53, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CO)
Overall Testing Rank
#510 out of 1783 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CO Dept. of Education
Review Campo Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.