Mary M Walsh
- Mary M Walsh's student population of 308 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mary M Walsh's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1440 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Springfield School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Sabis International Charter School Grades: K-12 | 1576 students
160 Joan Street
Springfield, MA 01129
(413)783-2600 0.8 K-12 1576
- Springfield Glickman Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 359 students
120 Ashland Avenue
Springfield, MA 01119
(413)750-2756 0.9 K-5 359
- Springfield Daniel B Brunton Grades: K-5 | 477 students
1801 Parker Street
Springfield, MA 01128
(413)787-7444 1.3 K-5 477
- Springfield Mary M Lynch Grades: K-5 | 266 students
315 No Branch Pkwy
Springfield, MA 01119
(413)787-7250 1.3 K-5 266
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.