Tootin' Hills School
Tootin' Hills School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Tootin' Hills School's student population of 351 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||351 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Tootin' Hills School is ranked within the top 10% of all 956 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#64 out of 956 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Simsbury School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simsbury Simsbury High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
34 Farms Village Rd.
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860)658-0451 2.1 9-12 1380
- Weatogue Latimer Lane School Grades: K-6 | 408 students
33 Mountain View Rd.
Weatogue, CT 06089
(860)658-4774 2.5 K-6 408
- Canton Cherry Brook Primary School Grades: PK-3 | 456 students
4 Barbourtown Rd.
Canton, CT 06019
(860)693-7721 2.7 PK-3 456
- Simsbury Henry James Memorial School Grades: 7-8 | 655 students
155 Firetown Rd.
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860)651-3341 2.9 7-8 655
- Avon Ana Grace Academy Of The Arts Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 483 students
20 Security Drive
Avon, CT 06001
(860)726-9367 3.3 PK-5 483
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.