- Truro Central's student population of 116 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Truro Central's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MA)|
|Overall School Rank||#662 out of 1,671 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Truro School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wellfleet Wellfleet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 113 students
100 Lawrence Road
Wellfleet, MA 02667
(508)349-3101 5.9 PK-5 113
- Provincetown Provincetown Schools Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
12 Winslow Street
Provincetown, MA 02657
(508)487-5000 6.5 PK-8 129
- North Eastham Nauset Regional High School Grades: 9-12 | 929 students
100 Cable Rd
North Eastham, MA 02651
(508)255-1505 12.2 9-12 929
- Eastham Eastham Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 182 students
200 Schoolhouse Road
Eastham, MA 02642
(508)255-0808 13.2 PK-5 182
- Orleans Nauset Regional Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 535 students
70 Route 28
Orleans, MA 02653
(508)255-0016 16.7 6-8 535
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.