Killingworth Elementary School
Killingworth Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Killingworth Elementary School's student population of 257 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Killingworth Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#140 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Regional School District 17 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Madison Dr. Robert H. Brown Middle School Grades: 5-6 | 393 students
980 Durham Rd.
Madison, CT 06443
(203) 245-6400 4.1 5-6 393
- Madison Kathleen H. Ryerson Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 202 students
982 Durham Rd.
Madison, CT 06443
(203) 245-6440 4.1 K-4 202
- Higganum Burr District Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 263 students
792 Killingworth Road
Higganum, CT 06441
(860) 345-4584 4.8 PK-4 263
- Clinton Lewin G. Joel Junior School Grades: PK-4 | 476 students
137a Glenwood Rd.
Clinton, CT 06413
(860) 664-6501 5.4 PK-4 476
- Deep River John Winthrop Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 322 students
1 Winthrop Road
Deep River, CT 06417
(860) 526-9546 5.7 7-8 322
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.