About Public Schools
- Policies related to Education Funding – These policies can promote certain education reform, by offering additional funding to states and districts that choose to abide by federal standards. EdSource explains that the current administration is attempting to do just that, by offering competitive grants through the Race to the Top program. States that fall in line with Race to the Top standards and recommendations stand to receive additional funding from Uncle Sam.
- Collection of Data and Research – This information is used to identify the strengths and weaknesses in the current state of public education today. By identifying weaknesses in public education, states can draft new policies to close the gaps and improve education quality overall.
- Identification of Problems in Education at the National Level – By shining the light on learning
This brief video gives us an overview of Title I.
- Meeting the educational needs of low-income and minority students
- Holding schools and governments accountable for academic achievement of students
- Use of tools, assessments and instruction that are aligned with state standards