Evaluating Public Schools
- 31% of House Education and Workforce committee members
- 45% of House Ways and Means committee members
- 56% of Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee members
- 47% of Senate Finance committee members
- 29% of Congressional Black Caucus members
- 46% of Congressional Hispanic Caucus members
However, severe budget cuts at many schools have forced some districts to take a closer look at these police departments, even cutting staff in some areas. These decisions have not gone over well with school administrators, who believe officers are essential for maintaining a safe environment where students can come to learn every day.
On the other hand, districts with budgets intact have found ways to use law enforcement officials even more effectively, adding to their list of responsibilities to expand safety to school grounds and beyond.