Stepney Elementary School
- Stepney Elementary School's student population of 447 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||447 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Stepney Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#194 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||MONROE SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monroe Monroe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 375 students
375 Monroe Tpke.
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)452-2870 1.9 PK-5 375
- Monroe Fawn Hollow Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 515 students
375 Fan Hill Rd.
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)452-2923 2.1 K-5 515
- Newtown Middle Gate Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 365 students
7 Cold Spring Rd.
Newtown, CT 06470
(203)426-7662 3.3 K-4 365
- Trumbull Tashua School Grades: K-5 | 408 students
401 Stonehouse Rd.
Trumbull, CT 06611
(203)452-4433 3.3 K-5 408
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.